ADTB Promise And Principles
Before becoming a fully Approved Instructor participants must agree to uphold the ADTB PROMISE AND PRINCIPLES.
- To assure the dog owners they are training that their standard of care, sympathy, kindness with methods and wellbeing of dogs is of the highest standard.
- To provide adequate insurance coverage for themselves and for both dogs and owners they are involved with training.
- To never use a training method that would instill any form of mental or physical cruelty to a dog.
- To use only acceptable training equipment and never to use any form of electrical device, prong collar or indeed any other such equipment that may cause injury, pain or anguish to a dog.
- Accept that the owners have total decision regarding their dogs training.
- Show respect to other local trainers.
- To always conduct themselves in a manner that will uphold the good name of the ADTB.
- To either uphold their ADTB membership yearly or remove from their advertising and or website any reference to being an ADTB member.
Reporting Misconduct Of ADTB Instructors
Should a member of the public find that the above principles have been violated or have any complaint regarding an ADTB Approved Instructor please lodge the complaint by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Proof to back up the complaint should be provided and if possible witness testimony. Should the member be found responsible for using any form of harsh treatment, or inflicting pain and suffering to a dog their membership will be immediately removed from the ADTB and their misconduct reported to the RSPCA.
Only ADTB members are listed on the Instructors page of our website. If a person is not listed they are not an ADTB member.